The client is a multibillion-dollar global telecommunications and mass media conglomerate headquartered in the United States. With a subscriber base of over 28 million customers, it is one of the largest quadruple-play service providers in the country.
The client was pursuing a quad-play strategy of oﬀering voice landline, broadband internet, TV, and mobile services. The goal was to make customers stickier and more loyal by bundling several services together. Cross-selling products and services across the four categories were critical to the client’s growth.
Agents can add value to non-sales conversations by pitching oﬀers across categories, however, in this scenario, the agents were doing so only on 9% of occasions. The client was looking to help its agents better identify and pitch cross-selling opportunities during these non-sales interactions.
Firstsource deployed First Customer Intelligence (FCI), a proprietary solution designed to provide insights into customer interactions and enable superior customer experience. FCI uses speech, text, and competitor analysis to better understand customer sentiment, emotion and behaviour. Some of the major insights that emerged from the analysis included:
- Agents had the opportunity to cross-sell on 22% of non-sales interactions.
- There was no compelling reason to switch packages. Customers tended to be satisﬁed with their current packages, which were often also cheaper.
- The switching process was long and cumbersome, demotivating customers from considering other packages.
- Processing errors led to the cancellation of over 10% of orders.
Based on these observations, Firstsource experts concluded that better objection handling and stronger promotion of beneﬁts could lead to 110% improvement in agent performance. They recommended implementing the following enhancements:
- Improve the quality of sales pitch.
- Better manage customer objections.
- Adhere to the correct order building process to ensure successful cross-selling.
- Adhere to compliance procedures to reduce Work Order Accuracy (WOA) errors, successfully execute orders, and reduce cancellations.
To learn more about Firstsource’s customer analytics solutions, email email@example.com