A leading broadcaster and telecommunications company that provides television and broadband Internet services across the UK, including fixed line and mobile telephone services to both consumers and businesses.
With the growing demand for media and content services in the digital age, the client realised that providing top-notch technical support for its subscription TV and broadband customers was critical to customer satisfaction and loyalty. With this in mind, the client set out to differentiate itself by offering round-the-clock support, but it did not want to create a large in-house team to do so. The client sought a model that would allow it to not only recruit top talent from across the country but also align shifts to fluctuating call volumes in order to optimise costs.
The client partnered with Firstsource to leverage its proven work-at-home (WAH) model – a secure, end-to-end remote solution spanning recruitment, technology deployment, training, scheduling, monitoring and management. The solution encompassed:
- Online tools for remote recruitment across agent sourcing, assessment and onboarding.
- Easy-to-deploy remote technology comprising compliant cloud-based infrastructure, multi-channel capabilities, BYOD options, remote monitoring and robust reporting.
- Robust security protocols including risk assessment of agents’ physical work environment and established WFM policies.
- Remote workforce scheduling, management and operations through online workflows, feedback and coaching sessions – using virtual collaboration platforms such as Microsoft Teams.
- Digitally enabled training around products, processes and compliance supported by in-depth assessment of training needs, train-the-trainer initiatives, and on the job training.
- Virtual employee engagement through online forums, breakout sessions, online learning management, and experiential learning.