A US Bank customer story
Modernized a traditional debt collection operation for a major bank by transitioning to a digital-led approach in less than 16 weeks. Established an omnichannel contact center, with customer engagement guided by artificial intelligence. Used a “clean sheet of paper” approach, developing scripts, templates, a web-based contact center and CRM.
The client was recognized for innovation and it consolidated its collections support arrangement with Firstsource. Today, more than 60% of the collection cases come through the digital stream.
Looking forward, we are building a Machine Learning module to further improve ROI and elevate the customer experience.
Recognizing the limitations of a traditional collections process, the bank sought to modernize its approach to improve performance and adopt a more consumer-friendly posture.
Firstsource and client’s team collaborated to
- Quickly transform a traditional collections operation to a digital white-label model
- Adopt a personalized, empathetic approach to convey to customers that we are “here to help.”
- Improve sales collection performance and manage a majority of accounts coming into collections. Produce a scalable solution that could quickly ramp up to address new segments
- Develop and promote customer self-serve capabilities Adopt an omnichannel approach to customer contact by enabling voice, email, webchat, text messaging, social media and whitemail
- Ensure 100% compliance, elevate service quality and improve collections performance
Firstsource applied a Digital First” strategy that enabled a refined approach to collections while expanding lines of communication with customers. The solution included:
- A personalized experience for consumers that uses Artificial Intelligence and Intelligent Automation to route customer inquiries and provide tailored options and solutions
- An omnichannel communications platform that enables consumers to conveniently engage the financial institution.
- Timely information and tools that enable agents to connect with customers and deliver a superior experience based on Artificial Intelligence summaries of the customer’s profile
- Real-time metrics that provides quality control feedback for 100% of consumer engagements, providing feedback for improving service performance
- On-shore and off-shore teams that provide human voice to support collections and debt recovery
Given the requirement for a faster time-to-market solution, Firstsource marshalled the required resources to produce the following:
- Apply Firstsource’s Digitally Empowered Call Center (DECC) solution supported by Firstsource’s on-shore and off-shore collections teams.
- Employ cloud-based technology and develop all required supporting elements including templates, CRM resources and omnichannel capability.
- Create an integrated digital communications approach that emphasizes intuitive self-service backed by FTE to support two-way communication when needed
- Deploy our proprietary analytics methodology to create a model that predicts propensity to pay and customer priorities Enable 24/7/365 availability
The new platform achieved the highest CSAT and NPS scores in the network: CSAT >91 % consistently delivered.
The financial institution’s employees now have more career opportunities and potential for portfolio growth. The platform has supported employee growth from 40 FTEs to 175 FTEs in 18 months.
The platform’s ability to provide real-time metrics facilitates an incentive compensation program for employees.
Ready to transform your operations?
Connect with our team to understand how automation and analytics-led transformation can reduce costs and manual errors – all while improving efficiency and the overall Member and Provider experience.