The challenge: Reduce wasted effort from unnecessary truck rolls
The client is a multibillion-dollar global telecommunications and mass media conglomerate headquartered in the United States. With a subscriber base of over 28 million US customers, it is one of the largest quadruple play service providers in the country.
Customers often contacted the client’s customer service teams on chat with highly technical queries. The technical nature of the queries made it diﬃcult for associates to fully understand customer problems and handle the chat sessions eﬀectively. This pushed up costs in several ways, for example, avoidable truck rolls, where associates would dispatch an engineer to visit the customer, which later turned out to be unnecessary. Or sometimes customers would end the session mid-way and visit a store in-person to solve their problems.
The client saw an opportunity to improve ﬁrst-time resolution and customer satisfaction while reducing unnecessary truck rolls. It partnered with Firstsource to better understand customer interactions and associate performance.
The solution: Associate training and coaching fueled by analytics
Firstsource deployed firstCustomer Intelligence (FCI), a proprietary solution that measures customer sentiments, emotions and behaviors and helps associates provide contextualized responses across multiple channels.
- Leveraging FCI, Firstsource’s team of experts examined large volumes of customer interactions, performed voice analysis of customer (VOC), and carefully studied ﬁrst contact resolution (FCR) in near real-time.
- Using the factors identiﬁed through VOC and FCR analysis, the teams created an Associate Performance Index.
- Finally, they leveraged the Associate Performance Index to generate a report that monitored all associate-customer interactions, enabling supervisors to conduct eﬀective coaching conversations.
The results: Better satisfied customers and fewer truck rolls
Eﬀective coaching and constructive feedback based on Associate Performance Index led to:
- 80% increase in ﬁrst time resolution on highly technical queries and 4% growth in overall ﬁrst time resolution – to 82%.
- 25% drop in unnecessary truck rolls
- +20 point improvement in NPS
- 20% increase in associate performance score