The client, an MVNO, sought to differentiate its customer service by hiring associates who were most aligned with its brand and company values. The client decided that leveraging a work-at-home (WAH) model would help achieve this goal, as it allowed them to recruit from a much wider labour pool across the whole of the UK.
A successful WAH model, however, requires the support of a secure, end-to-end remote solution spanning recruitment, technology deployment, training, scheduling, monitoring and management. The client turned to Firstsource to provide the end-to-end solution – a partnership that has grown over the last six years and continues to strengthen under the challenging conditions posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Firstsource deployed a comprehensive WAH solution spanning the complete associates lifecycle – from recruitment, technology deployment and training to scheduling, monitoring and management. The solution encompassed:
- Online tools for remote recruitment across associate sourcing, assessment and onboarding.
- Easy-to-deploy remote technology comprising compliant cloud-based infrastructure, multi-channel capabilities, BYOD options, remote monitoring and robust reporting.
- Robust security protocols including risk assessment of associates’ physical work environment and established WFM policies.
- Remote workforce scheduling, management and operations through online workflows, feedback and coaching sessions – using virtual collaboration platforms such as Zoom Meetings and MS Teams.
- Digitally enabled training around products, processes and compliance supported by in-depth assessment of training needs, train-the-trainer initiatives, and on the job training.
- Virtual employee engagement through online forums, breakout sessions, online learning management, and experiential learning.
The Firstsource team adopted a phased approach to implement the WAH solution for the client.