UK-based MVNO moves 100% of associates to Work-at-Home contact centre model within a week of the coronavirus lockdown

Business challenge

The client, an MVNO, sought to differentiate its customer service by hiring associates who were most aligned with its brand and company values. The client decided that leveraging a work-at-home (WAH) model would help achieve this goal, as it allowed them to recruit from a much wider labour pool across the whole of the UK.

A successful WAH model, however, requires the support of a secure, end-to-end remote solution spanning recruitment, technology deployment, training, scheduling, monitoring and management. The client turned to Firstsource to provide the end-to-end solution – a partnership that has grown over the last six years and continues to strengthen under the challenging conditions posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Firstsource solution

Firstsource deployed a comprehensive WAH solution spanning the complete associates lifecycle – from recruitment, technology deployment and training to scheduling, monitoring and management. The solution encompassed:

  • Online tools for remote recruitment across associate sourcing, assessment and onboarding.
  • Easy-to-deploy remote technology comprising compliant cloud-based infrastructure, multi-channel capabilities, BYOD options, remote monitoring and robust reporting.
  • Robust security protocols including risk assessment of associates’ physical work environment and established WFM policies.
  • Remote workforce scheduling, management and operations through online workflows, feedback and coaching sessions – using virtual collaboration platforms such as Zoom Meetings and MS Teams.
  • Digitally enabled training around products, processes and compliance supported by in-depth assessment of training needs, train-the-trainer initiatives, and on the job training.
  • Virtual employee engagement through online forums, breakout sessions, online learning management, and experiential learning.

The Firstsource team adopted a phased approach to implement the WAH solution for the client.

Business impact

Over the course of its six-year collaboration with Firstsource, the client successfully moved 70% of its associates to the WAH model. Thanks to its strong foundation in the WAH model, the client was also able to quickly transition the remaining 30% of its associates to WAH within a week of the coronavirus lockdown.

  • Seamless support during challenging times due to greater flexibility in recruitment and split-shift workforce scheduling to match incident profile.
  • Work-at-home associate performance at least as good as (and actually marginally better than) in-center associates.
  • Higher associate satisfaction due to lifestyle conducive shift assignments.

100%

Work-at-Home contact centre

What’s your challenge?

Let’s work together to solve it.

Related services

This form will put you in touch with our business development team. For all other functions, please click here.
Ready to get in touch and grow your business?
Tell us a little more so we can connect you with the right person
Last step! Let us know which solutions you're most interested in
Connect with us

Download Now

Simply fill out this form to download