The challenge: Differentiate on customer experience
The client, an MVNO, sought to differentiate its customer service by hiring associates who were most aligned with its brand and company values. The client decided that leveraging a work-at-home (WAH) model would help achieve this goal, as it allowed them to recruit from a much wider labor pool across the UK.
A successful WAH model, however, requires the support of a secure, end-to-end remote solution spanning recruitment, technology deployment, training, scheduling, monitoring and management. The client turned to Firstsource to provide the end-to-end solution – a partnership that has grown over the last six years and continues to strengthen under the challenging conditions posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The solution: Hire associates aligned with company values, wherever they live
Firstsource deployed a comprehensive WAH solution spanning the complete associate lifecycle – from recruitment, technology deployment and training to scheduling, monitoring and management. The solution encompassed:
- Online tools for remote recruitment across associate sourcing, assessment and onboarding
- Easy-to-deploy remote technology comprising compliant cloud-based infrastructure, multi-channel capabilities, BYOD options, remote monitoring and robust reporting
- Robust security protocols, including risk assessment of associates’ physical work environment and established WFM policies
- Remote workforce scheduling, management and operations through online workflows, feedback and coaching sessions – using virtual collaboration platforms such as Zoom Meetings and MS Teams
- Digitally enabled training around products, processes and compliance supported by in-depth assessment of training needs, train-the-trainer initiatives, and on the job training
- Virtual employee engagement through online forums, breakout sessions, online learning management, and experiential learning
The Firstsource team adopted a phased approach to implement the WAH solution for the client.
The results: All associates working from home within a week of the Covid lockdown
Over the course of its six-year collaboration with Firstsource, the client successfully moved 70% of its associates to the WAH model. Thanks to its strong foundation in the WAH model, the client was also able to quickly transition the remaining 30% of its associates to WAH within a week of the coronavirus lockdown.
- Seamless support during challenging times due to greater flexibility in recruitment and split-shift workforce scheduling to match incident profile
- Work-at-home associate performance at least as good as (and actually marginally better than) in-center associates
- Higher associate satisfaction due to lifestyle conducive shift assignment
- 100% Of associates working at home