The challenge: Meeting response times for tech and product support
The client is a leading US-based and private-equity-backed Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) software and analytics product company serving the healthcare, higher education, and financial sectors.
They faced a massive backlog of open and ageing cases for tech and product support. SLAs were being missed for time taken for response (TFFR) and time for closure (TFC) and it was a challenge to customer satisfaction targets (CSAT) of over 90%.
Their offshore operations team lacked governance, operating procedures and the required domain-wide tech expertise to serve their end customers efficiently.
The solution: Harnessing the combined power of our CX and Business Technology solutions
We tapped into our Digitally Empowered Contact Center (DECC) combined with Product Value Management offerings to build the right-fit solution.
A dedicated, offshore-based 24×7 helpdesk service was set up with a multi-skilled product professional services team to provide tech and product support to our client’s end customers.
- Training and certification in specialized client products:The offshore teams were trained and certified in understanding the client’s core platform and customizing it in a short span of time. Rigorous training enabled the team to quickly learn the concepts and meet the multi-stage assessment criteria defined by the client.
- Extended arm of client’s professional services and support teams:A team, comprising over 50 associates, provided product implementation support across various stages of software development lifecycle (SDLC) for the client’s global customer base. Another team of more than 20 associates provided product support services.
- System integration:We integrated the client’s platform with diverse applications, including PeopleSoft, SAP and Oracle, to enable extraction of source data to the client product platform for Enterprise Performance Management software development work.
- Process-driven support:We ensured quick turnaround of cases submitted by end users and clients. The success of the team was measured by predefined SLAs.
- Continuous improvement:We engaged the client in a discovery process across areas where we initially identified inefficiencies in support process, knowledge management, metrics and KPIs, and automation capabilities. Next, using multiple workshops and stakeholder meetings, we identified and documented the as-is state.
We then recommended deploying ITIL-based service management for incident and problem management; a governance structure for onshore/offshore execution model; leveraging case management application changes to clearly define priorities and build automation opportunities.
The result: Elevating the customer experience while boosting revenues
Effective multichannel triage and case management enabled 75% improvement in TTFR — down from 120 minutes to 30 mins and — 50% reduction in TFC — down from over 10 days to 5 days. Standardized operating procedures and tech expertise across domains helped deliver 95% CSAT, exceeding the 90% target. Onboarding time improved by 15%.
By outsourcing and offshoring its operations to provide 24×7 support $4M in annual cost savings could be achieved. Within the first six months of operation, the client saw a 23% increase in revenue.