The client is one of the leading insurance service providers in the automobile direct insurance sector, insuring over 4 million customers and employing more than 7,000 people across the UK, Spain, Germany, Italy and the US.
The partnership with Firstsource started in 2001, with the offshore delivery of sales processes and 15 FTEs in India. In 2003, the partnership was expanded to include customer services operations, and the relationship has grown from strength-to-strength over two decades. Today, Firstsource’s team of over 350 employees manage 50% of the total contact volumes of the client‘s customer services operations.
To stay ahead in a competitive market, the client needed to improve their operational scalability, customer service and productivity. Specific goals included:
- Increase capacity in their end-to-end customer management and back-office processing operations
- Improve operational scalability to support their growth plans
- Provide outstanding customer service and high CSAT scores
- Increase productivity and reduce costs
- Conduct independent audits on service delivery quality and compliance.
Working with the client, Firstsource identified opportunities and solutions to help meet their business goals including:
- Delivering a scalable operating model to support their business growth
- Providing increased capacity to process 50% of their call volumes, with capacity increasing to 80% on weekends
- Introducing more efficient practices, along with analytics and digital services to improve profitability
- Initiating projects to improve CSAT and reduce write-offs
- Creating an empowered workforce with a comprehensive training program and knowledge management solution
- Implementing a right-shoring delivery model for end-to-end process delivery
- Deploying a team of skilled associates to handle escalations
Firstsource delivered measurable business benefits to the client, specifically around customer experience, cross-sales and cost reduction.