Leveraging its remote implementation methodology, Firstsource automated the bank’s Risk Management Quality Assurance processes, increasing capacity for QA testing by 1200% and reducing processing time by 90%.
One of the largest banks in the US providing banking, investment, mortgage, trust, and payment services products to individuals, businesses, governmental entities, and other financial institutions.
Automating QA processes to mitigate risks
Every day, the Quality Assurance team in the client’s Risk Management department processed hundreds of delinquent loans to ensure compliance with regulatory mandates pertaining to the issuance of the 45 Day Letter – as per Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) guidelines. The team relied on manual processes, resulting in high cycle time and error rates. In addition, inability to access the right tools and lack of understanding of the tools provided by the existing Managed Services Provider (MSP), further compounded the challenges. The client wanted to improve its QA outcomes and partnered with Firstsource to automate two of its Risk Management QA processes.
Ready, set, go: Real-time collaboration across locations
Firstsource adopted a remote automation approach to implementation. Distributed teams of process and development experts based in India, began collaborating with the client in the US via online platforms – to understand their specific needs. This remote approach to implementation was not new to Firstsource teams steeped in a virtual work environment culture, working from homes and offices across the globe. Even prior to the pandemic, Firstsource leveraged a distributed operating model underpinned by virtual hiring, onboarding, training and development, to tap into global talent. Under this model, distributed Firstsource teams use online platforms such as Microsoft Teams to engage, collaborate and innovate, delivering to the highest client standards.
End-to-end remote automation: Key highlights
- As a first step, process experts developed the Business Requirements Documents (BRD) and Software Design Documents (SDD) in conjunction with client stakeholders in the US.
- Next, the solution design and development teams collaborated to create robotic and macros-based scripts in the designated testing environment.
- The Firstsource team developed and shared user stories with the client on a weekly basis, iteratively incorporating improvements and ensuring timely delivery of error-free scripts.
- The team also completed testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) remotely.
The Firstsource solution helped automate information extraction from SQL databases, triggering email alerts to the client’s QA teams and enabling them to ensure timely compliance.
Tangible gains from remote automation methodology
Firstsource’s remote automation methodology delivered several benefits in addition to lowering costs:
- 90% Reduction in processing time
- 100% Data accuracy across processes
- 100% Automation of the process steps
- 12X Increase in capacity for quality testing – at no additional cost