The client is one of the leading insurance service providers in the automobile direct insurance sector, insuring over 4 million customers and employing more than 7,000 people across the UK, Spain, Germany, Italy and USA.
The partnership with Firstsource started in 2001, with the offshore delivery of sales processes and 15 FTEs in India. This increased to include customer services operations in 2003 and the strategic partnership has grown from strength-to-strength. Today, Firstsource’s team of 350+ employees manage 50% of the client‘s customer services operations’ total contact volumes.
To stay ahead in a competitive market, the client needed to improve their operational scalability, customer service and productivity, with specific goals to:
- Increase capacity in their end-to-end customer management and back office processing operations
- Improve operational scalability to support their growth plans
- Provide outstanding customer service and high CSAT scores
- Increase productivity and reduce costs
- Conduct independent audits on service delivery quality and compliance.
Working with the client, Firstsource identified opportunities and solutions to help meet their business goals that included:
- Delivering a scalable operating model to support their business growth
- Providing increased capacity to process 50% of their call volumes, increasing to 80% on weekends
- Introducing more efficient practices, along with analytics and digital services to improve profitability
- Initiating projects to improve CSAT and reduce write-offs
- Creating an empowered workforce with a comprehensive training programme and knowledge management solution
- Implementing a right-shoring delivery model for end-to-end process delivery
- Deploying a team of skilled agents to handle escalations
Firstsource delivered measurable business benefits the client, specifically around customer experience, cross-sales and cost reduction, with the following results:
- Delivery of a consistent SMS CSAT score for agent performance of 9/10
- Cost per call reduced by 30% through capacity utilisation to improve workforce management
- Reduced cross-training and cross-utilisation of agents for inbound emails and voice calls, creating operational flexibility and scalability
- Eliminated the need for cyclical redundancies by scaling up/down offshore capacity in line with seasonal business trends.
increase in cross-sales of ancillary products
improvement in customer experience, measured via customer satisfaction scores
reduction in operational turnaround time
"We have enjoyed a successful partnership with Firstsource over many years, and they have worked hard to
support the growth of our business and regularly review the value they can add."
- Customer Service Director