Enterprises are fast realising the merit of using online web chat support to assist self-serve, delivering high levels of customer satisfaction and adding a human touch to the online customer experience. Web chat is preferred by customers and organizations for its tremendous cost savings and enhanced agent efficiencies.
Benefits of web chat
Web chat offers unmatched potential for improving customer service and increasing revenue. Some of the compelling reasons why web chat is becoming central to the customer service strategy are:
- Reduced Cost-to-Serve: Considerably reduces the customer service costs as compared to the other channels of communication such as voice and email
- Superior Customer Experience: Facilitates better customer management due to effective real-time customer engagement.
- Boosts Sales and RoI: Effects a 70-90% increase in online sales through up sell/cross sell
- Real-time Customer Engagement: Connects with customers in real-time, minimizing the loss of business due to abandoned transactions or lack of online support
- Quick Resolution: Enables faster resolution of technical issues and enhances First Contact Resolution (FCR)
- Given its impact on business outcomes, the way you approach web chat is critical to how well you are able to leverage web chat to its full potential. Here’s a comprehensive guide on howweb chat assistance can provide the edge in customer service.